Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I got my brand spankin' Nikon D60 DSLR camera back in May. After lots of dreaming and researching and more dreaming, I finally had it, my new baby and I treasure it every day. Well almost every day. At least every day I have the time.

Anyway, when I firt got it I promised myself that I would not shoot in Auto. I just pretended it wasn't ther. I convinced myself that there was no point in owning a DSLR if I was only going to use it in auto. If that was the case I may as well go back to my point ans shoot. So for three months i've been playing around and learning more and more. Slowly getting better and now i'm starting to take some pics I can be proud of.

Until a couple of days ago i was only shooting JPEG files, but I went and bought myself an 8GB memory card so I could make the jump to RAW and i'll never look back. I love how I can fix little exposure problems with just one little click instead of playing around with lighting levels for ages and still being unsatisfied.

Here are some photos I took of Harrison yesterday. They were all taken in manual using my 50mm 1.4 lens.
Let me know what you think. I'm a big girl, I can take it :)



I love this last one in black and white, but I'm a sucker for black and white images.

Love Kylie

1 comment:

  1. The pics look very crisp with good definition. Excellent shots. Of course, it helps when your subject is totally adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete