Sunday, August 23, 2009

Here’s what you’ll need:

*500g of dried pasta. I chose Penne. Also I feel the need to say ‘Hello my name is Kylie and I buy Home Brand Pasta’
*About ¼ of a Kent pumpkin or ½ a butternut
*One red onion. Yes I know these are for salads but rules are made to be broken.
*200g block of Feta
*A few cloves crushed garlic
*125g grated Parmesan
*Two tablespoons dried rosemary
*Extra Virgin Olive oil
*Salt and pepper

First of all, chop your feta into small squares/rectangles cover and put in the fridge for later. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C then get to chopping up that pumpkin. You can peel it if you like but you don’t have to. The skin really softens when cooked. I like to chop the pieces to be roughly 1-2cm squarish. They don’t have to be perfect.

Now that looks like a lot of pumpkin doesn't it? You should end up with about 1/2 this much. I was making a double batch because I had people coming for dinner. Next chop your onion in an Asian vegetablish style, (that’s a technical term you know) and add it to the tray of pumpkin.

Peel and chop up your garlic nice and small. You can use a garlic crusher but I prefer to chop it. Add it to the pumpkin. Again, there's a crapload of garlic in this photo but I'm making a double batch remember.Season the pumpkin mixture with salt and pepper and add the rosemary. Drizzle with olive oil and mix it all together.

Bake in the oven until the pumpkin is tender and the onion has started to caramelize. Boil the pasta until tender. Drain and add it to the pumpkin mixture. Stir in the feta and Parmesan and another little drizzle of olive oil.

This is delicious and truly is a family favourite of ours. All the kids love it and I hope you do to.

Love Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment