Tuesday, July 28, 2009

By Request - Mini Quiches


Remember me talking about how I don't measure? Well this was one of those times. I made them last Thursday night for a High Tea I was going to on Friday morning. I promised my friend I would make something to contribute then forgot all about it til the last minute. So I perused my ingredients stash and came up with these. I had planned to make mini quiches or something similar anyway. I was just lucky I already had the ingredients.
So here's my impromptu recipe:
Ingredients ( From what I remember) Makes 24
  • 2 sheets of pre rolled puff pastry
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  • 4 or 5 cherry tomatoes diced
  • A couple of tablespoons of fresh thyme
  • Grated cheese
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Method
  1. Using a small glass or cookie cutter, cut 24 circles from the puff pastry sheets. They need to be big enough to shape into a pie case in a mini muffin pan. I think I got about 9 out of each square of pastry then had to re-roll the scraps.
  2. Whisk together the eggs and milk. Then add the tomatoes, thyme and salt and pepper
  3. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pastry
  4. Add a couple of pieces of grated cheese to the top of each quiche. They're so tiny I didn't add the cheese to the mixture because more than a couple of pieces of cheese in each one would make them too cheesy.
  5. Bake at 200 degrees C until firm.

Of course there are lots of other things you could add. A bit of ham would have been nice and maybe some spring onions, but these were really simple and delicious.

I also made another 24 cases with a different filling. Not an egg filling but these were yummy too.

Filling ingredients:

  • 250g creamed cheese
  • 1/4 cup thickened cream
  • About 4 tablespoons of chopped spinach
  • 1 sachet of dried cream of chicken soup mix
  • Salt and pepper

These ones got eaten really quickly so they must have been good.

Enjoy!

Love Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment