Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Few of My Favourite Things

Harrison - and the rest of my family and friends but especially Harrison. There is just nothing like the love I feel for him. I love him snot, dirt and all. Now that I have him I can finally understand the way my mother feels about me. This wasn't meant to get all emotional and mushy so lets get on with it shall we.
Orange blossoms - They're just starting to bloom and I love them. Not only are they pretty but they smell delicious. The best thing is our orange tree is right next to our clothesline so the smell makes hanging out the washing almost enjoyable. Note I said almost. I can't think of anything that would make it fun save watching someone else do it.

My camera - It's a Nikon D60 and I've only had it for a few months. I don't claim to be the worlds greatest photographer but I like to practice. Take the above picture for instance. Looks like a bunch of twigs right? Well essentially it is, but to me it's practice. A very generous friend let me borrow her 70-300mm f4-5.6 lens. It doesn't autofocus on my camera so I was practicing manually focusing. True I could have chosen more interesting subject matter but these twigs were really far away and that, in itself was cool. To me. At the time.
Baking - I do so much of it I have to love it. I made these little mini quiches for a high tea I attended on Friday morning. They were completely impromptu (I remembered Thursday night I was supposed to be making something something) and turned out great. Thank goodness because I didn't have time to make anything else.
I'm sure that there are many many more, but right now today, these are my favourite things.
Love Kylie

2 comments:

  1. OK, so where's the mini-quiche recipe? I have a potluck breakfast function on Thursday and those would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post it for you before Thursday if you like.

    ReplyDelete