Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Bit from the Bush

Like I mentioned in my previous post, every winter holidays while the older kids go to their Mum's, Dan and I toddle off to spend a couple of weeks at our bush getaway. It's in one of the wettest places in the country so normally it's freezing, raining and dismal but this year we were blessed with fantastic weather. Sunshine every day and we even managed to wear shorts without freezing our butts off!


Since we only get there once a year it's always terribly overgrown and we spend almost the whole time we're there on the brush cutter slashing back the guinea grass while getting eaten alive by mossies and having our legs carved up by those horrible, prickly, feral wild raspberry bushes. The fruit is lovely but if you've ever had the pleasure of dealing with the bush you'll know what I mean.
But...........
This year we had this!
Oh yeah baby!! *sings 'She thinks my tractor's sexy.......'* (I don't really but I get that stupid song stuck in my head every time I see one. Needless to say I was singing it alot these holidays.)
This dinky little tractor with a slasher on the back saved us hours and hours of backbreaking brush cutting and Dan cleared the whole area in a couple of days. The best investment we ever made!
So with the work out of the way we had time to play. We took Harrison to the Malanda show. He loved seeing all the animals.

He especially loved the cows.How could you not? Check out these beautiful bovine creatures.

Dan's family have a beach house at Russell Heads so we spent a day there too. Geez it was hard going. What an horrible place hey?
Other than that, we did alot of relaxing. I took at couple of trips to the nearest town to shop up a storm. I replenished my scrapbooking supplies because I needed to. And bought some new clothes of course.

By then end of the trip as usual I was eager to get home. Can you believe I was actually bored? A rare and unusual phenomenon. But damn it felt good.

Here are a few more pics. Enjoy!

One foggy morning.....The only picture of me from the whole trip and I had to take it myself.Our humble hideawayHarrison pretending to drive the tractor
A tea plantation on the tablelands
Those pesky wild raspberries. Harrison ate hundreds!Look who I found lurking on our car tyre on day
This poor butterfly must have been at deaths door to be so obliging to a curious little boy and an amateur photographer
The Langoleers are coming! And that's all I have to say about that.

Love Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment